While the term “super food” or “super fruit” is used in many contexts, and there is a lot of debate amongst professionals and laymen alike as to what exactly constitutes a super food, what everyone can agree on is the superior nutritional benefits of any food that is labeled “super.” Most would agree that a super fruit is a food that occurs naturally (it is not processed, enhanced, or fundamentally altered in any way) and provides an extreme benefit to its consumer in the form of antioxidants, omega 3s, and richness of nutrients. Many companies have capitalized on the nutritional benefits of these super fruits, and Xango super fruits is one such company. Since juicing can be time consuming and a waste of resources if your produce goes bad before you can use it, purchasing super fruit drinks from reputable companies is not a bad idea. The following article outlines a few fruits often considered super fruits and outlines the nutritional benefits of their consumption.
What is a Super Fruit, and What Makes It So Super?
While there is a lot of debate over what exactly constitutes a super fruit, most people can generally agree that a super food or super fruit is one that is first naturally occurring. A super fruit cannot be processed or artificially replicated. Super fruits are most beneficial in their raw form. Super fruits contain incredibly high amounts of beneficial vitamins and ingredients such as antioxidants, fiber, and vitamins. Super fruits are so beneficial to our bodies because they contain (in large quantities) these ingrediants that can so radically alter our overall health and feeling of well-being. Those who regularly ingest super fruit feel a drastic difference in their overall health. Super fruits aid in digestion (a common source of anxiety and trouble to many Americans with fiber-poor and preservative-high diets), help ease inflammatory conditions, and significantly lower heart disease and risk factors for heart disease.
Super Fruits and How They Can Help
Super fruits seem to be the popular choice amongst super foods because of their ability to both refresh and provide nutrition and the same time. Super fruits are also super tasty, and the following article outlines a few fruist considered “super” and how they can positively impact your health:
- Strawberries: For those who want to remain forever youthful, strawberries contain a high amount of antioxidants, which promotes skin health and has antiinflammatory properties.
- Mangosteen: Mangosteen was originally a Southeast Asian fruit that is now used around the world. It is renowned for its ability to support a healthy immune, respiratory, and disgestive system.
- Blackcurrants: Blackcurrants, like most deeply-colored fruit, are high in antioxidants as well as Vitamin C. They can be used in pies and jams as well.
- Blueberries: Perhaps the most super of the super fruits, blueberries are extremely high in antioxidants, Vitamin C, and fiber (all essential ingredients that are lacking in most American diets). Blueberries are diverse in their uses and can easily be frozen and stored.
- Blackberries: Blackberries are also high in antioxidants, and are renowned for their antiaging properties. They are also high in most vitamins and in fiber as well.
- Raspberries: Raspberries contain almost fifty percent higher antioxidant levels than strawberries. They are also beneficial to the body in that they help neutralize free radicals.
- Xango super fruits combine many of the above ingredients into a nutrient-rich flavor-packed drink.